CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Check Out my Ideas on Celebraitons.com!

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Glen Avenue

When negative thoughts start to take up too much space in my life I have some fun strategies I use to rid those thoughts and make room for the positive. This morning was the time for me to reach into the strategy sack! I was driving to work with an irritable frame of mind (and probably a grouchy look on my face) so I employed one of my favorite strategies for increasing positive energy while driving a vehicle. I happened to be turning onto Glen Ave. so I gave myself the full length of Glen Ave. to find 3 things that would make me smile. It turned out to be an easy
search! We lived on Glen Ave.--at 3 different addresses for 11 years.
Here are the 3 things that changed my attitude and my day today:
1. The Chinese Pistachio Trees are beginning to turn their brilliant red color and it is dazzling! I love Fall and Glen Avenue is a showstopper when it comes to great fall color!

2. When I passed the fire hydrant on the corner of Glen and 27th, I chuckled right out loud. Danny used to sit on that fire hydrant for long periods of time when he was a little guy. Kelli thought it was crazy and could never figure out why he'd do that. I thought it was cute, and took his picture.


3. As I looked west, down 27th Street, I thought of all of the mornings that the Hoover Band practiced in the street. We could feel the beat of the drums in the soles of our feet! It was a happy sound and we thought the flute player sounded particularly good!

As I pulled off of Glen Avenue, I knew I was going to have a lovely day...how could I not?

No comments: