CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Check Out my Ideas on Celebraitons.com!

Friday, June 17, 2011

Salted Caramel Strawberries

From my new Farmer's Market Cookbook...
Salted Caramel Strawberries
(Get ready to say, "Oooooohhhhhhh!")

20 large fresh strawberries
40 caramels
3 Tbsp. whipping cream
1/4 t. salt
1 1/4 cups coarsely chopped mixed nuts

1.  Pat strawberries completely dry with paper towels
2.  Microwave caramels, 3 Tbsp. whipping cream and 1/4 tsp. salt in a 1-qt. microwave-safe bowl at MEDIUM (50% power) 3 1/2 minutes or until smooth, stirring at 1-minute intervals.
3.  Dip each berry halfway into the caramel mixture.  Roll in nuts, and place on wax paper.  Let stand 15 minutes.  Serve immediately, or cover and chill up to 8 hours.

I cut the recipe down for a mere 5 strawberries, just to try it out.  (And to save myself from eating too many.)  Therefore, I didn't chill them in the refrigerator.  I'm sure it will work fine to chill them, but seriously, who can wait? 

No comments: