CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Check Out my Ideas on Celebraitons.com!

Friday, June 29, 2012

Flag Block #2



Here's another flag block with a beachy-twist.  I got this idea and the directions from How Does She? but again, stacked the blue blocks to keep the flag even.  I white-washed the wood on all sides with a watered-down vanilla colored acrylic paint. After that dried I got out the Mod Podge and adhered some beachy looking scrapbook paper to the blocks.  I sanded the edges of the paper EXCEPT for the two edges of the blue blocks that meet.  I wanted that to look as close to one piece of wood as possible.  I used hot glue to attach that cute little starfish and then tied the whole stack of patriotic blocks with a burlap bow.

 Puts me in the mood for a little July 4th celebration...ON THE BEACH!

No comments: